Friday, January 8, 2010

Kleiner- Danish cakes/ cookies

Kleiner- Danish cakes for xmas

So, I made Kleiner from a recipy I got from a collegue who got it from her mother! They are thinner and crispier than the Kleiner you buy - I have to admit, I prefer this to the fat, soft ones we buy. Kleiner are made of a dough, you roll out thinly and then cut it- fold it and then fry it on boiling oil. They must be really fattening, but to our defense, we only eat them once a year!

The recipy will come as soon as I remember where I put it-but here you can see the some of the steps: 1. the cutting the pastery, the folding and the finished cakes.





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where might I be able to find a cookie cutter as seen in the above picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would like to know where I can find a kleiner cutter like the one picured?

    ReplyDelete