Saturday, December 5, 2009

All about the filo pastery!

I tried to make some kind of my own Börek version - and couldnt find the right pastery so I used this one instead:



There seems to be a variety of Yufka pastery and they must be used for different things, but even after having searched the net for explanations I didnt get any wiser and would like help if anyone knows. This one I found was very big and round, so I had to cut it out with some sissors to make it work in the baking tray



I put layers of pastery in the tray and brushed with oil in between the layers. Then I made a mix of minced meat ( oxe or lam and viel, depending on where I buy the meat or what mood I am in) fried it all up in olive oil- browning/sealing the meat off, add onions finely chopped and herbs and aubergine/eggplant and crumbled some fetacheese over the mixture when dont and cooled off slightly



I added the filling to the middle layers of the pastery-I poured an eggmixture over the meatfilling and put the rest of the layers of pastery brushed with oil over it and cut squares and baked the lot in the oven at 180 degrees.
When it was all crispy and golden ( and baked all the way to the bottum) I took it out to cool...mm..nice with a nice salad and some homemade-ish chilli sauce





1 comment: